Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday morning

This week is fall break, so the kids are off of school. High schooler is a few states away at a convention, it's just the two boys and me. And if they don't quit fighting, I'm going to send them a few states away!

So I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit, before life gets back into the usual grind next week. Not today, however. Dog wakes up at 6:15am, and starts whining. I try to ignore her, but she wakes up the kitten, who starts howling. I get up at that, no use trying to sleep in, and all 4 cats start howling at me. I check their bowl, and no kibble. Fill that up, and take dogs out, to no avail, it's more interesting to sniff out who walked through the yard last night.

Come back in, and feed the dogs. All this commotion wakes up the quail, who have quite a loud call despite their small size. How can something the size of a lemon yell loud enough to empty a factory? Maybe it's because there are 7 of them.

Now the dogs are done eating, so they curl up in their beds, and go back to sleep. By this time, the guinea pig is up, and he is demanding to be fed as well. It is now 7:00am. Remind me why I have all these loud pets again? Maybe I should shuck them all, and settle for goldfish. A nice quiet hotel room sure sounded good this morning. A place where nothing will wake me up for breakfast before the sun is shining.

Have a great day, God bless!
Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment