Wednesday, October 13, 2010

my hair

I thought it would be really nice to have long hair. I've had short hair for so long, and other women looked so pretty with hair cascading past their shoulders. So I let my naturally curly hair grow out to halfway down my back. When wet anyway. It still made it to about my shoulders, maybe a little longer, when it was dry.

 A couple months of that, and I was through! Other people can have long flowing locks, but mine went the way of sharp scissors yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. It's shorter than I had planned, but I love it now. When my hair was long, it took two rounds of shampoo to get it washed. One for the hair on my head, and one for the length. Same thing with conditioner. It would tangle so bad in the shower that it just felt nasty and unclean.

 I'd get out of the shower, and wrap it in a towel for a few minutes until it stopped dripping. Then I'd comb it out, and handfuls of hair would fall out. By the time I got it combed out, my hair would be dry, and I'd have to hose it down again. Then I'd have to gel it with copious amounts of gel to try and control the frizz. No matter what I used, by the end of the day, my hair would once again be out of control. Remember Hermoine in the first Harry Potter movies, how bushy her hair was? That's how bad mine would be.

 This morning, I washed and conditioned it, easily done in one step, combing it out took 5 seconds, and a bit of gel, and I'm ready to go! My husband may miss my long flowing hair, but he won't mind how much quicker I can get ready in the morning!!

 God bless, and I hope you have a good hair day today. :0)

Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment