Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mini Vacation part 2

Finally it was time for the concert. We found our spot, and ds was glued to the stage. I didn't see him take his eyes from the band for a second. I hope he blinked. LOL "Getting a seat at the concert" is quite a misnomer, by the way. We didn't sit down for the entire 90 minutes, because no one was sitting, and we wouldn't have been able to see if we did. 90 minutes of standing on concrete, after 4 hours of pounding pavement with our feet. Fun.

It was all worth it though, because ds had a really good time. He was so ecstatic, it was definitely worth it. Thank You Jesus!! I was surprised that Skillet is a Christian band, I really didn't think it was. I'd heard that they were Christian, but their songs didn't sound that way to me. After the concert, though, I took a different view of their music.

The special effects were really neat too. Remember back in high school science class when you used the bunsen burners? They had fire shooting up on the stage that reminded me of those burners back in school. Different parts of the stage could spin or rise up, or both. Lots of strobe lights, and a really spooky monster for the song of that name. Quite the impact when everything else is dark.

When the concert finally ended, we stood in a huge line to buy the boys tee shirts. I was surprised younger ds wanted one, but he did. By now it was late, so we headed out to the car. We had to make a stop at Wal Mart that took forever, so we didn't end up back at the hotel until 11:30pm.




I treated my poor feet to a soak in the hot pot until we were shooed out by staff. ( closing the pool for the night). The park has a neat perk; your tickets are second day free. So you can come back again the next day. We slept in a bit, and enjoyed our delicious continental breakfast. Then we packed up our room and headed out to the park.

What a difference! There was about 1/4 the number of people in the park as the day before. Little to no wait on rides, longer times on the rides, and no bumping into people. LOL This time the kids insisted I get on some rides. Hello, old lady here that hasn't gone on rides in forever, and did I mention OLD?

Turns out I actually found some that were fun, and not just the safari train. The Swamp Thing doesn't have any big drops, and doesn't go upside down. Just my kind of ride. I rode that one several times. Go Bananas was okay, but it's really jerky, and I ended up bruised and sore. The Ant something was fun too. Okay, yes, it's a kiddie ride, just hush. LOL

I did like the safari train, not just because it's totally tame. I like seeing the different animals they have out there. I've also just been hired by my own zoo to be a safari guide, so it was interesting to experience this one. I did have to correct the narrator on one point though. Fallow deer don't shed their horns, they don't have any. They shed their antlers. I know, it's nit picky, but one of my pet peeves. Horns are permanent, think goats, cows, bison, etc. Antlers are grown by deer, and shed each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment