Sunday, April 29, 2012

wild weekend 2

Apparently, you can run out of room on a blog, so here is the rest of the wild weekend post. Sorry they are out of order here.

DD finished at the track meet, and we headed home. Once we got out of the city, we stopped for drinks. I got an ice cream cone as well, and had a heck of a time eating it in the truck. It was really big, and melty, and a mess. It was really good though. We finally arrived home, but it sure was a long drive. The road just kept going and going forever.

We finally arrive home, and visit with college kid before heading to bed. Wake up early Sunday for church. I really don't want to go-my head and back hurt- but I'm serving, so I need to be there. We take two cars, so dh can get there early to teach his class. I head in a little later, when dd is ready.

We have a nice time at Mass, then pile into the truck to go eat lunch. Then the plan was for dh to take dd to do some shopping, and me to take the boys home. Except after we put gas in the van, it goes haywire on me. I can't steer it, the battery light is on, and it is overheating. One of the belts had come off, and the van is completely undriveable. I will stop right here, and give thanks to God for this. I almost took the van on our trip to the convention and track meet. Almost. Then dh and I discussed it, and decided the truck was more reliable. Thank You Jesus!

It was Sunday, and nothing is open, so we had to leave it (with permission) and will deal with it this week. At least we are all home, and we do have one working vehicle. Now you have my crazy, wild weekend. I have glossed over it a bit, left out all the traffic jams we sat through, and things like that, but you still have a pretty good idea of how things went. Hope your weekend was great.

God Bless,
Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment