Wednesday, April 25, 2012

wake up, wake up!

It's Saturday morning, and I'm in bed, asleep. My under the bed monster Julie Bug, is on my pillow, and decides it's time to get up. Stage is set, here is what happens:

Pat pat with a paw on my shoulder.

Me: Hmm..what's up, bug (Julie's nickname)

Bug: It's time to get up

Me: I don't have to get up yet, Julie. It's only 6:30am.

Julie: Yes you do, Mom, you always get up this early.

Pat pat with paw

Me: what?

Julie: It's time to get up, you're going to be late.

Me: not on Saturdays, Bug. I get to sleep in some. I don't have to be at the zoo until 10am. I can sleep until 8 today.

Pat pat with paw on shoulder

Me: Let me sleep, I don't have to get up yet!

Julie: You need to get up! Quit ignoring me, and get out of bed for goodness sakes!

Me: Ouch! Why did you bite my head?

Julie: You weren't listening to me. I'm not letting you oversleep.

Me: Have you ever heard of the POUND Julie?

Julie: Sorry mom, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment