Thursday, June 5, 2014

Treats, please!

My chickens are growing so fast, they look like adult birds now, at only 10 weeks old. I let them out to free range in the morning, and they spend the day exploring the yard, and looking for bugs to eat. They've also learned that if they peck at the kitchen door, I'll come out and give them a treat. Today was no exception. I brought out an ear of corn for them. Only this time, I pulled down the husk and left it attached to the cob. This is what ensued:

Feathers: What in the name of chicken food is that?

Chicklet: Can we eat it?

Slow Poke: No, definitely not, it will eat us first!

The hens all stand around staring at it, waiting for the corn to make the first move.

Feathers decided to be the brave one and peck the cob

Feathers: Alright, I'm going to peck it. Now be ready to run when I do, this thing is surely going to strike!

She gives the cob a big chicken peck, and all the hens jump

Feathers: Hey, nothing happened, and wait, that was good! Lunch time everybody!!!!!

All the chickens greedily attack the corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment