Thursday, January 17, 2013

Good Friends

Earlier today, I was upset about something, and feeling quite sorry for myself. I tried to put this issue out of my mind, but it was really taking over and putting a huge damper on an otherwise wonderful day.

Then out of the blue, a friend called to wish me a happy anniversary! What a bright spark in my blue feelings, to be remembered so thoughtfully. My friend reminded me of the cruise dh and I had taken 3 years ago to celebrate our 20th year of marriage. Oh what a wonderful, perfect, blessed trip that had been.

After talking about anniversary stuff for a while, she moved onto some interesting news from her own life that was wonderful to hear. We talked and laughed, and had a very nice conversation.

After we hung up, I realized my mood was greatly lifted. I had so many more things to think about than what had originally upset me. The rest of the day, I felt sheer happiness in my heart. To my friend, it may have been just a quick phone call, in the midst of a hundred other things to be done. But to me, it was one of the best moments I had all day.

You know who you are, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. :0)

God Bless,
Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment