Thursday, July 26, 2012

Check Those Receipts

I went grocery shopping today, and as usual, kept a careful running total on my phone's calculator of how much I was spending. I do this to keep in my budget, and it works most of the time. As a result, when the cashier was checking all the groceries through, I wasn't paying any attention to the total on the machine.

Towards the end, I glanced over and immediately started panicking. My total was much higher than I had expected, and the cashier wasn't done yet. Luckily we had the funds to cover it, but it would really blow our budget. When the total came, it was $191.82. I had only planned on $134. Oh boy! So on the way out, I looked over the receipt, trying to find where I had gone wrong in my shopping.






Yes, I went back in the store and they refunded my money. How upsetting though. What if I hadn't insisted on checking that receipt, and just accepted that I spent too much money on shopping. I would have continued stressing and beating myself up for something that wasn't even my fault. I do that. I'm glad I had the inclination to check the receipt and see what had happened. Computers can be wrong sometimes too.

God Bless,

Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment