Thursday, October 27, 2011

This dd of mine

It's after 10 at night, and I feel my bed calling to me from the other end of the house. My daughter is up, finishing up her project for French, and talking to her boyfriend on the phone. She ate a snack size Snickers bar, which has her bouncing off the walls. Plus her birthday (17) is tomorrow, so she is doubly excited.

She went into her room to charge her phone, and was sitting on her bed. She then asked me if she could go jump on my bed, because hers is too short. I declined the request, I like my bed the way it is. I told her to go tuck into bed just now, as I think perhaps, (very likely) she is overtired, and this is contributing to her running and jumping all over the house. Just not on my bed.

DD reminds me so much of a toddler sometimes, with her ridiculous behavior. Then I have to see the young lady she has become, who has a deep love for Jesus, that she shares shamelessly with others. A beautiful woman who cares so much for other people, and often puts them first. She is quite independent, and very intelligent. Most of the time. There are those moments, though, when she asks to jump on the bed, or has a meltdown over chapstick. I love this kid. Happy Birthday dd!

Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment