Saturday, November 13, 2010

kids and eating right

Today I was out at the zoo working on an event, Animal Thanksgiving. My niche was crafts with the children, and we made bird feeders with pine cones, peanut butter and birdseed. What a mess! But I digress.

A family came in, and their son adamantly refused to make a bird feeder. (The only refusal I had all day). The parents and little boy sat down at the next table over, and enjoyed a snack. As I oversaw bird feeder making, I overheard part of their conversation:

Dad: You like peanut butter and M&Ms, I don't see what the problem is.

Son: Dad, you're always trying to get me to eat things that aren't healthy for me. It doesn't make any sense.

I was just shocked! This little boy was only about 5 years old, and so concerned about eating only healthy food? Wow! I also think he is strongly opinionated, and the parents are going to have their hands full when he hits his teens!

God Bless!
Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment