Monday, March 18, 2013

friend request

We are constantly bombarded with requests on Facebook or other social media asking us to "friend" someone. It can be people we don't even know, co-workers, friends of friends, people we've met once...the list is endless!

Now think to yourself how you would respond if you received this request in your inbox:

I would love to be your friend. I will walk with you through all of your life. You can contact me anytime of the day or night; I am always standing by to listen to you. You can talk to me silently, or out loud. I hear you loud and clear in both forms. Mostly, I just wish to hear what is on your heart.

I will give you advice in life issues, and guide you through difficult times. In good times, I'll celebrate with you. When you cry, I'll hold you in my arms, and comfort you. When you feel alone, I'll be the flame in the darkness. When you are afraid, I'll send my angels to protect you. When you can't decide what to do, and you're panicking, I'll send you the peace that defies all understanding.

I can forgive your sins, and free you from your chains. The big things-adultery, abortion, murder-I can forgive all of these, and rid your life of guilt and shame. Small things that won't leave your heart, I'll forgive these too. My wish is to give you a new heart-one of peace and love that isn't burdened by the stresses and evils of this world.

When the time comes for you to leave this life, I will be with you then, as well. I'll sit by your side, and comfort you, and invite you home. I will give you eternity in paradise with me. See, I've already given my Son for you, to give you all of these things. All you have to do is believe in Me.

Accept Decline

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Amen
Chela

No comments:

Post a Comment