Sunday, February 13, 2011

Remembering...

I cried my heart out tonight for a young man I have never met. My husband sat on the couch and held me while the tears flowed unchecked. My daughter lost a friend tonight, a young man of 16 who she met at a youth event with her church. I may have never met him, but I know he was taken from his loved ones way too soon. My heart breaks for his family tonight.

He was active in his church, and planned on going on a mission trip this summer to Zambia. From what I have learned about him, it seems he was close with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My daughter said he was crazy, and a lot of fun to be around, and that he was an awesome Christian.

Events like these also lead me to think of those around me, and how much I love them. It might sound cliche, but I hope they know how much I love them. Perhaps I'll try and spend more time with those important people in my life, send a few more emails, make a few more phone calls. I'm also going to cover my children in prayer, that the Lord spread His wings over them.

I love You Jesus, please welcome Thomas with open arms, and send peace and comfort to his family.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment